[SOLVED] Is a Z590i Board Upgrade Worth it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 362816
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 362816

First off let me explain the situation.

Original PC specs.
CPU: i5 - 10400F (4.0GHZ all core) (Hyper 212 Black)
GPU: AMD RX 6800 Ref (pci 3.0 x16)
Ram: 2x16gb ddr4 oloy 3200 mhz
PSU: enermax revolution d.f. 650 Watt (System only pulls 450 watts under full synthetic load on CPU and GPU at same time)
Case: Fractal Torrent Nano
Windows 11 Pro (Tried 10 also didn't help any)
Motherboard: AsRock h570m ITX/AC
NVME: Samsung 970 pro 500GB (pci 3.0 x4)
Monitor: Dell 27 1440P 165hz IPS (Display Port)

The CPU was changed to a 11700k, Temps and everything are fine, in games seems to stay around 60-70c 4.8-5ghz.
My father will never overclock on this pc even with the 11700k, So is there any reason to sell the h570 board and move to a z590i in general.

Thanks in advanced.

A simple answer would suffice no need to go into great detail (trying to save you all time)

Solution
Unlike back in the days, there is not much to overclock with these modern Intel/AMD chips anyways. The Z chipset is more relevant for the extra lanes and XMP which you are already getting with the H chipset. So, unless you are gaming really hard and need better VRM, don't think there is any point to upgrade.

Lutfij

Titan
I'd say leave it as is. If you intend to overclock the ram and the processor to alleviate the need for an upgrade(for your father, in the future) then yes, it's worth it then again, if you're in a pinch with funds, leave things as is. What sort of app's will your father tax the system(you want to hand down) with?

D

Deleted member 362816

I'd say leave it as is. If you intend to overclock the ram and the processor to alleviate the need for an upgrade(for your father) then yes, it's worth it then again, if you're in a pinch with funds, leave things as is. What sort of app's will your father tax the system(you want to hand down) with?

100% used for gaming. Thankfully H570 Bios update added ram oc so the ram is at 3200 cl16.

The 11700k was a decent upgrade performance wise over the 10400f at 1440P from the game benchmarks that I ran.

So I assume the only thing that I am missing out on is being able to overclock the CPU.

Unlike back in the days, there is not much to overclock with these modern Intel/AMD chips anyways. The Z chipset is more relevant for the extra lanes and XMP which you are already getting with the H chipset. So, unless you are gaming really hard and need better VRM, don't think there is any point to upgrade.

Solution
D

Deleted member 362816

Thank you I think the PD should be good enough for a 11700k.

• 8 Phase Dr.MOS Power Design

Would you agree if so I will close this thread and select a best answer thank you.