Question Is A320M-K good enough for a Ryzen 5 5600 and RTX 3060? Any good PSUs?

ScreperisLT

Reputable
Feb 12, 2020
Hello, I am planning to buy a new graphics card, which would be an RTX 3060. There are a few problems I am facing, first of all, I need a better Power Supply, because the current one ( Chieftec GPS-600A8 600W ) is trash. I was thinking about an RM750x for 150Euros, because the Cooler Master V750 Gold V2 is sold out. Are there any other cheaper good power supplies that I should take a look at for my RTX 3060?
Now, because I want an RTX 3060, I also need quite a good processor to avoid bottlenecking. I was thinking about upgrading to the Ryzen 5 5600, because it seems like it is fast enough. Of course, another problem comes - my A320M-K motherboard is apparently not good enought for the CPU.
What should I do?

I could buy a used ASUS TUF B450M-PLUS Gaming motherboard for 70Euros, the Ryzen 5 5600 and the Power Supply, which would be around my budget of 300Euros. Then just wait until I have enough money again and upgrade to the RTX 3060 ( Maybe even 4060 if it gets cheap enough ).
Any other suggestions?

My specs :
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
Storage : 240GB M.2, 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Motherboard : ASUS A320M-K
GPU : GTX 960 4GB
Case : Phanteks P400 Case
PSU : Chieftec GPS-600A8 Power Supply
RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200Mhz, CL16 ( bought a month ago to upgrade the 8GB 2133Mhz )

My budget is 300Euros.

Solution
"Good enough for" is subjective. If you have a proper BIOS update to support the 5xxx is should work. As I have seen in reviews, one of the biggest issue with those A chipsets is really poor power delivery and a tendency for the VRM to get very hot under load as a result of it. Other issue (could) be that XMP not able to work properly as a result of the power delivery.

I wouldn't see any issue in trying it. I would continue to run stock clocks and only try to set RAM speed at rated (which technically IS an overclock).

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
"Good enough for" is subjective. If you have a proper BIOS update to support the 5xxx is should work. As I have seen in reviews, one of the biggest issue with those A chipsets is really poor power delivery and a tendency for the VRM to get very hot under load as a result of it. Other issue (could) be that XMP not able to work properly as a result of the power delivery.

I wouldn't see any issue in trying it. I would continue to run stock clocks and only try to set RAM speed at rated (which technically IS an overclock).

Solution

ScreperisLT

Reputable
Feb 12, 2020
Though would it be worth picking a used Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming for safety and most stability? Is it a good motherboard or should I look at the better ones?
I will probably buy either the V750 Gold V2 or the RM750X, depending on the price after a restock.

Edit : I forgot to ask - Are there any more good power supplies similar to the V750 Gold V2 and the RM750x from manufacturers like EVGA or something like that? I may find a cheaper alternative in my country.

Though would it be worth picking a used Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming for safety and most stability? Is it a good motherboard or should I look at the better ones?
I will probably buy either the V750 Gold V2 or the RM750X, depending on the price after a restock.

Edit : I forgot to ask - Are there any more good power supplies similar to the V750 Gold V2 and the RM750x from manufacturers like EVGA or something like that? I may find a cheaper alternative in my country.
When you shop for a gaming psu one of the things to look at is the warranty.

Look for at least a 7yr warranty.

Reactions: ScreperisLT