Is acer a good Monitor brand?

LiquidAurum

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
Been looking at monitors, and noticed they are much cheaper then their competition. So are they not as good. I'm sure Samsung has better quality being that they're Samsung, but Acer isn't like "bad" right?

No they aren't "bad" they are actually pretty decent for a budget monitor. I have an Acer GD235HZ That I haven't had any problems from. Color looks good no coil or capacitor noise. Definitely feels cheaper than a Samsung/Asus and doesn't have as many features.

Well just for example my monitor only has basic color calibration (RGB), contrast and brightness, no usb, doesn't move up or down or swivel (thought that was strange), and has a huge bezel, no speakers but does have an 3.5mm audio pass through from the HDMI.

tmacg55

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
I would recommend AOC over acer. AOC is a company much like Acer much with more quality monitors and features. AOC is becoming the new ASUS, but at a cheaper stand point. Acer is good though and offer very affordable options and will get the job done, so nothing against them. :)

Not to hijack the thread but I have never heard of AOC. Where might one find their monitors to look at and compare?

tmacg55

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

No problem, http://us.aoc.com/