is All-in-one desktop PC reliable?

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
if there is any hardware failure or upgrade, is it difficult to do with all-in-one PC?
I mean those PC where the screen is combined with the systems.

Solution
I do own a powerfull AIO pc but it was never my first option. I don't have much space so I was going to get a fractal node 202 based system when a dell inspiron 7775 AIO popped up with a ryzen 1400 and rx580 for 450€ but it does have one big scratch on the screen.

If you can I would simply recommend a mini itx system that you mount on the back of a monitor if you really need the space or you do like me and get a used AIO for a really good price.

USAFRet

Titan

Reliable, as in "will it break"?
No more prone to die than any laptop (which it is).

Is an All-In-One a good choice? That all depends on your use.
If you're planning on changing parts in it down the road, or looking for uber gaming performance...no.

If you're an email/facebook person, and can live with the upgrade limits of a laptop, and the portability limits of a desktop...maybe.

I do own a powerfull AIO pc but it was never my first option. I don't have much space so I was going to get a fractal node 202 based system when a dell inspiron 7775 AIO popped up with a ryzen 1400 and rx580 for 450€ but it does have one big scratch on the screen.

If you can I would simply recommend a mini itx system that you mount on the back of a monitor if you really need the space or you do like me and get a used AIO for a really good price.

Solution
I advise all good people to stay away from AIO systems.
In the beginning it might be good, but when things begin to break, that would be hell on Earth.
All parts would be proprietary (most of the time), so it would cost more. Dell in particular, power adapter either dies in the first year or lasts forever, do you want to take any chances?