is aluminium housing radiator okay

alfarockets

Reputable
Dec 18, 2016
i have confused by watercooling pc part , since i have never done this before , btw this im my question :

- Copper fins
- 90% copper tubing (H90)
- Brass chambers
- Aluminum/Steel housing

Is it okay if i use that with copper waterblock ? thanks . good answer will be very apreciated

Solution
Just keep in mind what kind of metal your water will interact with since that is all that matters.

Copper and brass = safe
Copper and aluminum = bad

Now you might start to wonder why most manufacturers of radiators use copper and aluminum togetter.

The tubing in the radiator is copper and the chambers is brass and that is the only parts of the radiator that interact with water.
The aluminum / stell housing dont interact with the water so it does not matter. It could have been made out of wood if that matters, since it does not interact with water.

So copper, nickel plated copper, and brass is safe to use in the same loop.

Now I will still strongly suggest you add anti corrosion and anti algae if you want to mix your own...
Just keep in mind what kind of metal your water will interact with since that is all that matters.

Copper and brass = safe
Copper and aluminum = bad

Now you might start to wonder why most manufacturers of radiators use copper and aluminum togetter.

The tubing in the radiator is copper and the chambers is brass and that is the only parts of the radiator that interact with water.
The aluminum / stell housing dont interact with the water so it does not matter. It could have been made out of wood if that matters, since it does not interact with water.

So copper, nickel plated copper, and brass is safe to use in the same loop.

Now I will still strongly suggest you add anti corrosion and anti algae if you want to mix your own fluid with distiled water.
Or just buy premix if unsure how to do that. I would suggest Mayhems as a brand.

Also keep in mind what kind of tubes you use like: Soft tubing, acrylic, PETG, glass, etc etc. Since that can impact what kind of pre-mixed fluid you can use.

Welcome to the wonderfull world of watercooling :D

Solution

alfarockets

Reputable
Dec 18, 2016

Okay thats answer i was looking for , thanks alot dude

where to get the distiled water ? is that noncarbonated water thing ?

and yes , ive already dicide what to use , ill using thermaltake petg tube , petg fitting from thermaltake also reservor pump combo also from thermaltake , copper waterblocks
i do know the sizing compatible with tubing size and thickness , thread size etc

alfarockets

Reputable
Dec 18, 2016

indonesia , its so hard to buy watercooling parts in here . and if you dont mind , is thermaltake reservoir pump combo used aluminium ? or is it okay use it for my copper radiator ? thanks

Almost every manufacturer out there that makes DDC or D5 pumps or reservoirs dont use aluminium that comes into contact with the water. Only the outside pump housing can be manufactured in aluminium.
You are safe to use the kit with your copper radiator.

And took a quick look into destilled water in your contry and... hehe... does not look like you can get any.
One thing you could try is to go to a car repair shop and get some battery water since that is destilled water.
If you cant get it at all then try to order premixed bottles of water from EK, Mayhems, aquacomputer, etc etc.

alfarockets

Reputable
Dec 18, 2016

there are literally only c1000 from thermaltake and ek koolant here , no other coolant , even diy coolant , this country is sucks . thanks btw