Status
Not open for further replies.

HillCeall

BANNED
Apr 6, 2020
If I want to start doing machine learning, is an AMD APU (CPU with integrated graphics) and no GPU like 3200G workable?

Mar 18, 2020
do you have some website where i can try it ? then i could test it for you. :) , my best guess is that the answer ranges, depending on how much you are simulating at one time/ how much information the program need to take in and calculate. (

Ralston18

Titan
The processors you listed may be okay but may not have the performance levels needed for effective work.

Rephrase your question:

"What hardware requirements are necessary to learn, develop, and apply machine learning?"

Once you have an understanding of the necessary hardware requirements then you look for an APU or GPU that meets or exceeds those requirements.

And in turn that APU or GPU may have its' own requirements for a supporting host computer: e.g., memory, storage, power, etc..

Another consideration is the development software - it will likely have some minimal recommended hardware specs. Presented in some form of minimum, recommended, and best.

You do not want minimum and you do want as much best as you can afford. (Tight budget noted.)

Here is a link to provide some additional guidance:

https://www.einfochips.com/blog/eve...t-hardware-requirements-for-machine-learning/

Not sure where you are with respect to education and experience. However, start with the link and then google/research as you deem necessary identify what APU or GPU fits your requirements and situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.