is amd fx 8350 worth an upgrade (2017)

ft_layer

Prominent
Apr 25, 2017
Hi guys
recently i bought a new gpu (rx 580 8gb version) my old gpu was (powercolor rx 460 2gb)
i found out that the performance was little to no difference and still the same so i think it may be the cpu (amd A-10 7860k). So is it a worth an upgrade from amd a-10 7860k to amd fx 8530?
other specs
8gb ram
500 psu
THANKSSS!!!

Solution
Generally: No. Specifically, that depends on your current machine and uses. Can your motherboard handle an 8xxx CPU power needs? I'm guessing "No". Do you have a budget which would enable you to go for a Ryzen build? If you are financially limited in options, it's good to know that and what your limits are.

If you can manage the core system a little longer, a new build around an R5 plus your new RX580 would be the smartest option.

Ditt44

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Generally: No. Specifically, that depends on your current machine and uses. Can your motherboard handle an 8xxx CPU power needs? I'm guessing "No". Do you have a budget which would enable you to go for a Ryzen build? If you are financially limited in options, it's good to know that and what your limits are.

If you can manage the core system a little longer, a new build around an R5 plus your new RX580 would be the smartest option.

Solution

bignastyid

Titan

The FX series is a very poor investment. You'd be much better off going with Intel or Ryzen.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED

Yes, of course, I forgot.