Question Is AMD Ryzen 3 3200G compatible with GIGABYTE GA-A320M-S2H mobo?

Dec 14, 2019
pc part picker has a warning : Some AMD A320 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Picasso CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
pcpartpicker is correct, that is one of the 320 boards that will support the 3xxx series if BIOS revision F40 is installed. unless you have a spare CPU to upgrade the BIOS with I suggest a ryzen 3xxx ready board, the MSI boards that end with "MAX" are ready for 3xxx out of the box. the x570 chipset boards are too.

Reactions: RodroX
Dec 14, 2019
pcpartpicker is correct, that is one of the 320 boards that will support the 3xxx series if BIOS revision F40 is installed. unless you have a spare CPU to upgrade the BIOS with I suggest a ryzen 3xxx ready board, the MSI boards that end with "MAX" are ready for 3xxx out of the box. the x570 chipset boards are too.
i found this one: https://www.amazon.com/MSI-ProSerie...sprefix=ryzen+3+ready+,electronics,208&sr=1-1
and pc part picker still yields the same warning, should it be fine to go with this one?