Is AMD's platform worth your troubles???

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
hello, all I see here is ppl having trouble with their amd boards, the success stories are minuscule compared to the horror stories.

Is it really worth the time and aggravation?

Can you put a price on your sanity?

scarecrow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What exactly is your personal grudge against AMD? Do you work for Intel? I use both Intel and Amd. They both perform there duty. I've just been seing you flaming Amd for the past week or so I have to know. Is this like the riverlery between 3dfx VS. Nvidia?

<A HREF="http://www.seti.tomshardware.com" target="_new">Join The Tom's Hardware SETI@Home Team</A>

Zenthar

Distinguished
I would say it depends on the kind of person you are. If you are patient, you don't mind running into some problems and you can find good support (like on this forum) I would say go for it, you will even have fun. But if you biggest PC nightmare is having to open the case or even worst having to configure stuff, I would say go for Intel (go buy a Dell, IBM, ...,Mac).

As for myself I ran into some troubles and do not regret it. Even as I speak I am trying to make my PC run Win2K properly (the 3D performance is the issue), but I am sure I will find a solution or I will simply re-install 98SE.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Of course there are more horror stories than success stories here.

This is a board for people to come to when they have problems. They ask for help. That's like saying "THIS hospital sucks everyone is sick and dying."

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
rofl, thank you i have been saying this about amds, the a7v, radeons, etc, etc.

If at first you don't succede, skydiving isn't for you.
<font color=blue>Intel Inside</font color=blue> = Idiot Outside

mpjesse

Splendid
Here's the deal dude: people having "problems" are usually those trying to overclock, doing some weird crap, or have no idea what they're doing. Intel is just as reliable as AMD.

-MP Jesse