Is an i7-2600 still a "good" CPU

Solution
I built my current gaming rig two years ago from second hand parts, I pulled the I7-2600 from a HP workstation. It's been overclocked (you can overclock a non K by the factor of it's turbo core, not everyone knows this) to 4.2ghz.

I've been using it for two years, it's never crashed and barely get's turned off. I use my machine for gaming, ripping dvd/blu-rays and compressing them. It's fast and still economical, although Haswells + Skylakes are significantly more economical. It's still a monster CPU and I have no plans to change mine.

Poprin

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
I built my current gaming rig two years ago from second hand parts, I pulled the I7-2600 from a HP workstation. It's been overclocked (you can overclock a non K by the factor of it's turbo core, not everyone knows this) to 4.2ghz.

I've been using it for two years, it's never crashed and barely get's turned off. I use my machine for gaming, ripping dvd/blu-rays and compressing them. It's fast and still economical, although Haswells + Skylakes are significantly more economical. It's still a monster CPU and I have no plans to change mine.

Solution

GeforceMasterRace

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015

Do you think it would pair well with my GPUs?

Poprin

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012

You mean with your two AMD GPU's GeforceMasterRace lol? Yes the processor is not going to be an issue handling that workload.

GeforceMasterRace

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015

I used to be a bit of an Nvidia Fanboy (Don't judge me)

Poprin

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012

Haha we're all friends here! Good luck with your build, hopefully it will be as stable as mine is. Also FYI I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 two months ago and I have had no driver issues with my Z68 chipset board, it's just as stable as Win7.

TRENDING THREADS