Question Is anti glare screen less prone to scratches?

Mar 22, 2019
Hello,

I recently bought new laptop with anti glare screen. I would like to know about one thing. As I can see, no matter how much we care, dust particles in air or something else - eventually the screen gets some tiny little scratches that can only be seen under torch light as they are not prominant.

This happens with almost many plastic screen protectors as well LCD screens too, they pick up some tiny invisible type hard to notice scratches with time, but it take too much time of use for this to happen with anti glare coating protectors.

So the question is, are anti glare LCD screens less likely to get tiny scratches early as compared to normal glossy screens ?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"they pick up some tiny invisible type hard to notice scratches with time ".

If the scratches are not noticeable per se the issue is moot.

If the scratches do become noticeable and intrusive to viewing then the anti-glare screen protectors may need to be replaced.

What probably matters most is that you care for the screen per the laptop's manfacturer's instructions. And likewise if you do installl some form of anti-glare/screen protection product. Just research and read product reviews beforehand.

Another thing to do is visit the manufacturer's website. Read the product User Manual/Guide, read the FAQs, and read the Forums if any. Consider what is both said and "unsaid" about the product.

Mar 22, 2019
This:

"they pick up some tiny invisible type hard to notice scratches with time ".

If the scratches are not noticeable per se the issue is moot.

If the scratches do become noticeable and intrusive to viewing then the anti-glare screen protectors may need to be replaced.

What probably matters most is that you care for the screen per the laptop's manfacturer's instructions. And likewise if you do installl some form of anti-glare/screen protection product. Just research and read product reviews beforehand.

Another thing to do is visit the manufacturer's website. Read the product User Manual/Guide, read the FAQs, and read the Forums if any. Consider what is both said and "unsaid" about the product.

Hello,
Thanks for the input. I see, but the thing which I have asked is, is there any difference like anti glare screen is less likely to get as much scratches as normal glossy display? Or both are equal in term of durability in this sense.

From what I noticed is that anti glare screens get less scratches as compared to glossy but need to confirm from you guys as well.