[SOLVED] Is any VPN lifetime deal available ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2019
Guys, I want to buy VPN but for a lifetime. There are many VPN available but only for monthly and yearly subscription. so please give me any suggestion for it.

Solution
In an ever evolving world, a "lifetime" subscription to anything is a pretty bad idea.
On the VPN front, a longer subscription will cost more, and who knows if they'll still be around in 5+ years. Even if it was 'only' say 10x the annual cost, and you paid it upfront ($100/lifetime vs $10/year), you've 'pre-paid' and may not get the service*.

NordVPN (and others, I'm sure) offer a ~3 year plan.... A lot of YT'ers have codes for 60%(?) off of said plans too. That's probably the longest I'd commit to something like a VPN.

*Could you imagine still being bound (or already paid for) lifetime subscriptions to AOL? Napster? MegaUpload? Not quite the same situation, but you get the idea.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
In an ever evolving world, a "lifetime" subscription to anything is a pretty bad idea.
On the VPN front, a longer subscription will cost more, and who knows if they'll still be around in 5+ years. Even if it was 'only' say 10x the annual cost, and you paid it upfront ($100/lifetime vs $10/year), you've 'pre-paid' and may not get the service*.

NordVPN (and others, I'm sure) offer a ~3 year plan.... A lot of YT'ers have codes for 60%(?) off of said plans too. That's probably the longest I'd commit to something like a VPN.

*Could you imagine still being bound (or already paid for) lifetime subscriptions to AOL? Napster? MegaUpload? Not quite the same situation, but you get the idea.

Reactions: TJ Hooker
Solution

hanotaink

Prominent
Jan 21, 2019
I doubt that there is, software companies in general need the constant revenue stream to maintain the hardware and software to run the service. One time payments are a thing of the past unfortunately - things need to stay up to date to stay compatible and that costs money.
In general I would also recommend getting something like NordVPN for a couple of years and if it still seems alright after that just stick to it or get a different provider.

Sep 18, 2019

yes you are right bro

Sep 18, 2019
I doubt that there is, software companies in general need the constant revenue stream to maintain the hardware and software to run the service. One time payments are a thing of the past unfortunately - things need to stay up to date to stay compatible and that costs money.
In general I would also recommend getting something like NordVPN for a couple of years and if it still seems alright after that just stick to it or get a different provider.

Yes, they need money to maintain their hardware and lifetime subscription will be grave for them.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Status
Not open for further replies.