[SOLVED] is Aorus raid ssd 2tb compatible with asus x99 deluxe ii and intel i7-6050x?

Apr 8, 2020
Hi, after some searches, I got this idea to either get an Aorus raid ssd 2tb or build one to upgrade my hard drive speed to max. Currently my motherboard is a Ausus x99 deluxe ii which is gen03 and I can't get those gen04 high speed m2s. But I stuck with some questions and would be rly appreciated if you let me know about your ideas/solution:

1. if Aorus raid ssd 2tb is compatible with x299, does it mean that it also works on x99 and intel i7? What do you thing getting one of these or building one?
  2. As currently in my area 970Pro 512gb costs the same as a FireCuda 520 PCI Gen 4 512gb, is it a good idea to build a raid of 4 Firecuda on a ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 Card V2 and using it on gen 3 till future update to a gen4 motherboard?

Last edited:
Solution
well, as pcie 4.0 drives are not faster than 3.0.

yes they have much much higher sequentials, but the iops are almost the same.
you will not feel any difference. no reason to not buy one if its the same price.

if your board supports nvme (which that one does)
yes, it will be compatiable.

you will not feel any difference. no reason to not buy one if its the same price.

Reactions: BatchMatch
Solution
Apr 8, 2020

Would it be also bootable? I'm considering to get an ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 Gen 4 (PCIe 4.0/3.0) with 4x 500gb Firecuda 520 NVMe PCIe X4 Gen4, My cpu supports 40 lanes and I have no nvme m2 so far but a 500gb SSD AND 2X 12tb hdd, but not sure how too calculate free lanes left.