Is Apple Already Planning the iPad 2?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Accidental

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
[citation][nom]fonzy[/nom]I hope Apple figures out that there are other tablets that are coming out that are far superior. They can't just rely on the name and the app store to sell it's product.[/citation]
LOL.. even the name sucks: 'iPad'. Seriously WTF!?

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
[citation][nom]fafner[/nom]Isn't Windows 7 sort of like a Vista service pack?[/citation]

One could say the same for Snow Leopard (or any other non xx.0 version of Mac OS.

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]cscott_it[/nom]I know it's cool to say, but it's really getting old.[/citation]
Not as fast as the "Can it play Crysis" comments ;)

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]acecombat[/nom]Not as fast as the "Can it play Crysis" comments[/citation]
Well, it can't even play "Vector TD2" at Candystand so Crysis is a bit of a moot point...

[citation][nom]cadder[/nom]Left out the camera??? So just who was Jobs calling lazy yesterday?[/citation]
What Jobs and Apple are doing have nothing to do with laziness; au contraire is just plain sneaky and devious behavior toward their own customers.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]jojesa[/nom]What Jobs and Apple are doing have nothing to do with laziness; au contraire is just plain sneaky and devious behavior toward their own customers.[/citation]
That kind of makes it worse, putting in extra effort to be crappy to customers....

G

Who needs an iPad when better tablets, like Notion Ink's Adam will be available this year.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
[citation][nom]fonzy[/nom]I hope Apple figures out that there are other tablets that are coming out that are far superior. They can't just rely on the name and the app store to sell it's product.[/citation]
I'm still waiting for the other companies to come out with something superior. XP Tablet edition has been out for ages now but so far the 'tablet' market hasn't picked up and windows 7 isn't doing anything better.... Perhaps google or "droid" or Chrome OS will have something the tablet folks want

TheDuke

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
companies always do this. release an inferior product and then release a product that has the capabilities of what it should of had in the first place. It is the same as the Iphone

war2k9

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
I am happy for apple fanboys who will buy this product (iPad). It looks like there is a future version of it unlike apple tv.

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
The iPod touch is the first apple product I purchased and I've had a lot of fun with it. One of the first things I though of was how much fun a giant iPod touch would be.

My only problem is I think they really over-hyped the launch.

If they called it the "iPad eBook Reader" .. people would be gushing over its additional features in capabilities.

Instead people are thinking of it as a exceptionally gimpy Tablet PC.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]etichi[/nom]I may be in a minority but I want one. Reason being I like the idea of a small tablet for:a. movies on planes where there is absolutely no room for a laptop when the seat in front of you is downb. ichat with my kids (but no f'ing cam until next gen). again a business travel thing.c. 500 bucks isn't breaking my backc.[/citation]

a) if there is no room for a Laptop, why would you think you can use the mentral device? hold it in mid air for 2 hours? Rest it on the bald head of the guy infront of you?

b) iChat - pointless without a video cam...so the point is moot to buy one in the first place.

c) Yeah for now $500 will not break ur back, but for what you said you wanted like add in bloo tuthe, Wy-Fy, Camera and you'll probably be paying $900. Gets back to point "B"...and is just moot.

@etichi - your posts are always, well, pointless.

G

I hope apple puts a camera in the ipad so I can at least skype my friends. I think it would help too if the ipad was compatible with adobe flash player....

Status
Not open for further replies.