Is ASROCK A350M capable of OS installed on SSD and Raid 1 on 2 HDDs?

tickleusknee

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
1 - is this possible on this mobo?
2 - if so, is it possible to configure in UEFI, or would I need to use something like AMD's RaidXpert?

I've done some searching, but can't find anything that specifically addresses this question - thanks for any help!

Solution
I recommend connecting only the SSD and then following the instructions for the RAID installation whether it be:
a) Legacy RAID
b) UEFI RAID

You need to add RAID driver to installation
SATA Floppy Image ver:8.1.0.26

You don't need to create a RAID array at this point, as single drives don't require you to do anything special. After installing windows you can follow the directions for:

2. AMD Windows RAID Installation Guide
Using RAIDXpert2 to Create RAID Array in Windows

This is part two of the RAID Installation Guide.

You can make your array in Windows with RAIDXpert2. Some drivers and utilities may be found on the driver disk or can be downloaded.
I recommend connecting only the SSD and then following the instructions for the RAID installation whether it be:
a) Legacy RAID
b) UEFI RAID

You need to add RAID driver to installation
SATA Floppy Image ver:8.1.0.26

You don't need to create a RAID array at this point, as single drives don't require you to do anything special. After installing windows you can follow the directions for:

2. AMD Windows RAID Installation Guide
Using RAIDXpert2 to Create RAID Array in Windows

This is part two of the RAID Installation Guide.

You can make your array in Windows with RAIDXpert2. Some drivers and utilities may be found on the driver disk or can be downloaded.

Solution

tickleusknee

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017

That sounds like, "Yes, it's possible," and many thanks for the instructions too; much appreciated.