[SOLVED] Is Asus B50M-E good for Ryzen 1600 3.9GHz OC?

ARAN_108

Reputable
Aug 11, 2016
I have a Ryzen first gen 1600 running at 3.7GHz OC sitting on my motherboard ASUS B350M-E. The motherboard didn't have vrm heatsinks so I bought the tiny Raspberry Pi heatsinks and attached them to VRM chips near CPU.

With the stock cooler blowing down on the VRM heatsinks I did feel any heat on VRMs.

But I bought a hyper 212 to OC the CPU and the VRM heatsinks are toasty, but not too hot at 3.7GHz.

Do you think this motherboard can withstand a ryzen 1600 at 3.9GHz?

Solution
I have a Ryzen first gen 1600 running at 3.7GHz OC sitting on my motherboard ASUS B350M-E. The motherboard didn't have vrm heatsinks so I bought the tiny Raspberry Pi heatsinks and attached them to VRM chips near CPU.

With the stock cooler blowing down on the VRM heatsinks I did feel any heat on VRMs.

But I bought a hyper 212 to OC the CPU and the VRM heatsinks are toasty, but not too hot at 3.7GHz.

Try it and see. It's going to depend on your cooling capability.
200MHz is not going to make much of a performance difference so if your stable at 3.7GHz then leave it at that.
Make sure to update the Bios to latest version for better stability.

Try it and see. It's going to depend on your cooling capability.
200MHz is not going to make much of a performance difference so if your stable at 3.7GHz then leave it at that.
Make sure to update the Bios to latest version for better stability.

Solution