[SOLVED] Is Asus EX-A320M Gaming worth getting?

Feb 22, 2020
Can I use this motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600.
Bios update won't be a concern I know I'll have to get it updated but other than this will the mobo be able to handle the r5 3600 at stock clocks?
I won't be overclocking that's definite being on a A320 Chipset, but I am concerned about the VRM can it handle ryzen 3600?

Solution
Thanks for assuring me Btw you are the only one whom I've found till now agreeing to use 3600 on a A320 Chipset before this I've seen guys saying that A320 Chipsets are trash waste blah blah blah..
It is a perfectly functional chipset. If it has the features you want and has the ability to power the CPU you want there is no reason not to buy it. The 3600 is only a 65W part. It doesn't suck a lot of power.

Sure it doesn't have the power delivery for overclocking, but it isn't designed to do that and the A320 can't do that anyways. If you are running an 8 core Ryzen, like a 2700X, at stock settings the A320, and a reasonable example of a motherboard based on it, will work just fine. I honestly don't know what gets into people...
Feb 22, 2020
The Ryzen 5 3600 isn't a super power hungry CPU at all. Just about any AM4 board should be able to run it with no trouble. The only thing that might hold you up is a BIOS update. Other than that it should function just fine.

Can you elaborate a bit what kind of trouble are you talking about?
And I said earlier as well that I'll keep using the CPU at 3.6 GHz Stock speed.

Can you elaborate a bit what kind of trouble are you talking about?
And I said earlier as well that I'll keep using the CPU at 3.6 GHz Stock speed.
BIOS updates are the only thing I'd worry about at all. Some retailers pull boards off the shelf and update them to the latest BIOS, but most just sell it as it is straight from the factory. The 3600 is on the supported list, but that doesn't mean the factory BIOS has that support. That said, after the potential BIOS update you should have no problems at all running a 3600 on this board.

Feb 22, 2020
BIOS updates are the only thing I'd worry about at all. Some retailers pull boards off the shelf and update them to the latest BIOS, but most just sell it as it is straight from the factory. The 3600 is on the supported list, but that doesn't mean the factory BIOS has that support. That said, after the potential BIOS update you should have no problems at all running a 3600 on this board.

Thanks for assuring me Btw you are the only one whom I've found till now agreeing to use 3600 on a A320 Chipset before this I've seen guys saying that A320 Chipsets are trash waste blah blah blah..

It is a perfectly functional chipset. If it has the features you want and has the ability to power the CPU you want there is no reason not to buy it. The 3600 is only a 65W part. It doesn't suck a lot of power.

Sure it doesn't have the power delivery for overclocking, but it isn't designed to do that and the A320 can't do that anyways. If you are running an 8 core Ryzen, like a 2700X, at stock settings the A320, and a reasonable example of a motherboard based on it, will work just fine. I honestly don't know what gets into people sometimes. There is nothing wrong with the A320, it just doesn't have all the features and ability that the higher end chipsets have. I think the A320 gets a bad rap because of some abominable boards that have been built with it, but this motherboard seems quite reasonable, so I have no issue recommending it.

Sorry for the rant and best of luck with your build.

Solution
Feb 22, 2020

Sure it doesn't have the power delivery for overclocking, but it isn't designed to do that and the A320 can't do that anyways. If you are running an 8 core Ryzen, like a 2700X, at stock settings the A320, and a reasonable example of a motherboard based on it, will work just fine. I honestly don't know what gets into people sometimes. There is nothing wrong with the A320, it just doesn't have all the features and ability that the higher end chipsets have. I think the A320 gets a bad rap because of some abominable boards that have been built with it, but this motherboard seems quite reasonable, so I have no issue recommending it.

Sorry for the rant and best of luck with your build.
Thanks Bro.