Question Is audio headphone jack on monitor busted or repairable?

Aug 24, 2023
Today after about 6 months of use, my relatively new acer monitor stopped producing any sound. I have been plugging in a pair of Boston speakers into the headphone jack during this time with no problems, but now the monitor won't produce any sound, speakers or no speakers. There are built in speakers for the monitor as well that are not working which is why it's so concerning that no sound will come out. I can get sound through my headphones plugged directly into the PC and I can get sound from the external speakers plugged into other devices (laptop, etc.) so I know it is the monitor's fault. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

Solution
The solution, in case anyone else experiences this, is to use the windows troubleshooter to reset your sound settings and diagnostics. Apparently the way some apps (like Spotify) configure your sound settings in Windows 11 can cause the problem for all your sound devices, including built-in monitor speakers. Navigate to windows settings app -> audio troubleshooter -> follow prompts and tell it to reset your sound configurations. Not a monitor issue, thankfully
Aug 24, 2023
The solution, in case anyone else experiences this, is to use the windows troubleshooter to reset your sound settings and diagnostics. Apparently the way some apps (like Spotify) configure your sound settings in Windows 11 can cause the problem for all your sound devices, including built-in monitor speakers. Navigate to windows settings app -> audio troubleshooter -> follow prompts and tell it to reset your sound configurations. Not a monitor issue, thankfully

Solution