[SOLVED] Is Audio over a 3.5mm jack "better" than over USB-C?

ethan206

Honorable
Jul 27, 2018
I recently picked up the Logitech G333 earbuds and they came with a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter in the box. I noticed that if I plug in the headphones directly into my laptop with a 3.5mm jack, Windows doesn't recognize the earbuds (like the audio works, but the control buttons on the earbuds don't work), but once I plug them in through USB-C using the adapter, Windows recognizes the earbuds (in Settings it says "G333" instead of just "2nd Audio Output") and the control buttons on the earbuds work. Is there a downside to using them through USB-C , like will it affect audio quality(or vice versa with the 3.5mm jack)?

kanewolf

Titan
I recently picked up the Logitech G333 earbuds and they came with a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter in the box. I noticed that if I plug in the headphones directly into my laptop with a 3.5mm jack, Windows doesn't recognize the earbuds (like the audio works, but the control buttons on the earbuds don't work), but once I plug them in through USB-C using the adapter, Windows recognizes the earbuds (in Settings it says "G333" instead of just "2nd Audio Output") and the control buttons on the earbuds work. Is there a downside to using them through USB-C , like will it affect audio quality(or vice versa with the 3.5mm jack)?
I don't think there is a down side.