[SOLVED] Is AX wifi worth it for me?

soldier5637

Distinguished
May 7, 2013
Hey everyone,
So I’m wondering if Ax Wifi is worth it for me. There’s about 30 devices connected to my network due to living with 4 other room mates. A 4K OLED tv, my Sony 4K 900F, phones, google homes, tablets, etc, etc. But everything is obviously made for AC. Will I still see the benefits of multiple device connection management of AX? Right now I have a ASUS RT-AC86U and I’m looking at switching to the Netgear RAX40.

Solution
You can buy it and tell us. Nothing you find on the market yet is official. Although the standard will not change much it is not final, this fall is the date I heard. Many end devices manufactures are waiting until the standard is final. Likely 6-12 months before it becomes common on new devices.

Since your devices only run 802.11ac the router will drop back. I have not studied it in detail but it appears it needs features on both ends of the connection.

I still have my doubts it will solve the biggest problem and that is signals from your neighbors.
You can buy it and tell us. Nothing you find on the market yet is official. Although the standard will not change much it is not final, this fall is the date I heard. Many end devices manufactures are waiting until the standard is final. Likely 6-12 months before it becomes common on new devices.

Since your devices only run 802.11ac the router will drop back. I have not studied it in detail but it appears it needs features on both ends of the connection.

I still have my doubts it will solve the biggest problem and that is signals from your neighbors.

Solution