Question Is B360 chipset justifiable?

DireMe

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2013
Hi

I upgraded my PC from 4690k to 9600k and because of lacking time I chose a motherboard that fit my budget without acknowledging the chipset. I ordered and received a B360 motherboard, instead of the preferred z390.

Aside from B360 not supporting my ram speed or any memory or CPU overclock (which I am not certain I would do anyway), is the b360 a board to stay using, or should I see if I can return it and buy a z390 (provided my retailer approves this)? I found a z390 that fits my budget, but the Asus B360-F ROG strix I got seems sturdy and nice.

If I dont plan on any overclocking, is it worth the effort for the other board?

Thanks

Aside from overclocking the other main difference, as a general point, is the connectivity available. By this I mean PCIe slots, and SATA and USB ports. (Form factor will also play a part, of course, but assuming the same form factor for comparison purposes.)

DireMe

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2013
After setting everything up I have everything I need available. I do not plan on SLI because of bad experience, so with this in mind, it seems to me that it is not worth the effort of changing, am I forgetting something?

TRENDING THREADS