Is battlefield 3 region locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexJakes

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
Title says it all, is battlefield 3 region locked? I plan on buying a copy for the UK and I live in Canada. I know normally pc games aren't locked, but I've read battlefield 3 is the first game from EA that has origin, so I would just like to double check here to make sure I'm good before I place the order. Thanks.

Solution
no. you can buy it in brazil or even a 3rd world country for way less money. but it will depend on whether your bank will transfer the money to the seller. you will also have to activate it while your using the vpn you used to buy it.
basically download it, connect to the vpn connect to the shop and pay the money and get your key. log in to origin with your account still using the vpn and enter the key.
the game will activate and you just log out, close the vpn and log in again...
the game will work and be fully activated and is completely legal but costs you half as much to buy... you can also do this with the dlc both the premium and the CQ...
this is completely legal as long as your not breaking any of your countrys laws for...
no. you can buy it in brazil or even a 3rd world country for way less money. but it will depend on whether your bank will transfer the money to the seller. you will also have to activate it while your using the vpn you used to buy it.
basically download it, connect to the vpn connect to the shop and pay the money and get your key. log in to origin with your account still using the vpn and enter the key.
the game will activate and you just log out, close the vpn and log in again...
the game will work and be fully activated and is completely legal but costs you half as much to buy... you can also do this with the dlc both the premium and the CQ...
this is completely legal as long as your not breaking any of your countrys laws for importing software... (for instance australia has a 18+ rating for games but if you downloaded hitman blood money like this, you would be breaking the local law as the game is outright banned i think, so be careful)
the only reason im suggesting every 1 do this is that E.A refuse to reduce the price of the dlc to people who bought back to karkand separately from bf3, forcing us to pay again for something we already own... they dont deserve the full price because they aint playing fair themselves.

Solution

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
no. you can buy it in brazil or even a 3rd world country for way less money. but it will depend on whether your bank will transfer the money to the seller.

If you google about there is an easier way that means your bank pays the cheaper rate but as a local (to your country) payment so theres no chance of bank/CC company blocking it. It's a grey area I think so I wont explain it here myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.