Is beeing disconnected is more frequent lately?

I have been disconnected 3 times last night and the last one was for
good (realm down). It seems that it is more and more frequent lately,
and having lost my last HC char to that kind of event, i am feeling a
bit unsecure right now....
Are you experiencing the same ?

By the way Doodles, my first lost of connection happened exactly when
you messaged me...(of course i am not suggesting any cause/effect
situation here...just explaining why i did not answer....unless ;)

Louis

Hmmm! wrote:
> I have been disconnected 3 times last night and the last one was for
> good (realm down). It seems that it is more and more frequent lately,
> and having lost my last HC char to that kind of event, i am feeling a
> bit unsecure right now....
> Are you experiencing the same ?

Before I went and tried the CE mod, I had been having horrible
connection issues - extreme lag, connection interrupted problems, lag
spikes so bad the character I was playing would get banned for several
minutes. It's one of the reasons why I temporarily stopped playing
online.

Meanwhile, the person I was normally with was having no issues at all.
Weird. Especially since I have some high-speed connection that I
thought was supposed to be pretty good.

Jill

Maybe it's a Canadian thing. :p

Doodles

Are you playing over a modem, or broadband like DSL or cable?

One thing to do is always type /fps so you get a look at the pings, which
will show whether you are lagging or not. Normally my ping is around 100
ms, but when I see it get to 700 or so I know it's time to bail. Another
thing that affects it is the number of players and minions in the game...an
8 player game with skellies and revives is going to lag a lot...not in your
case, as you were level 10, but generally.

"doodles" <tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<BNS4e.19638$DW.9325@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>...
> Are you playing over a modem, or broadband like DSL or cable?
>
> One thing to do is always type /fps so you get a look at the pings, which
> will show whether you are lagging or not. Normally my ping is around 100
> ms, but when I see it get to 700 or so I know it's time to bail. Another
> thing that affects it is the number of players and minions in the game...an
> 8 player game with skellies and revives is going to lag a lot...not in your
> case, as you were level 10, but generally.

I am on DSL and my FPS is almost always between 50 and 150.
When my connection goes bad, it goes bad for real (no internet).
So it is or near perfect or impossible to use.

My SC necro, who can built a large army, (slvl43 in RS and SM among
other stats) almost never suffered from lag....but tasted some
disconnections from time to time. But not as often as i am
experiencing lately.

Louis

Been disconnected 5 times tonight !!!
Ping oscillating between 70 and 180...
Is it getting worst?

Louis

P.S.: My incredible clvl 18 killing machine was kind of frustrated..

L.