Question Is Benchmarking while downloading a game ok?

Penrose

Commendable
May 26, 2019
So I was benchmarking my PC via a benchmark program from UserBenchmark, it basically tests every component of your PC including SSD, with writing and read speeds, the thing is, I was downloading a game while doing it, (My SSD is a Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250gb) and I only had about 68 gbs left. During the benchmark, it said I didn't have enough space for the SSD benchmark for some reason, (I don't quite remember) but I'm worried that I may have screwed up or damaged my SSD by benchmarking it while it was actually being used. Will this damage my SSD? Or am I being paranoid for nothing?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
You won't have damaged anything don't worry. Yes, it is paranoia.

Just doing the 2 at the same time will probably give you a false reading on Userbenchmark, as it's trying to test the capability of your storage, whilst the storage is busy trying to process something else.

Penrose

Commendable
May 26, 2019
You won't have damaged anything don't worry. Yes, it is paranoia.

Just doing the 2 at the same time will probably give you a false reading on Userbenchmark, as it's trying to test the capability of your storage, whilst the storage is busy trying to process something else.

That's a relief to know, so my SSD is unaffected?

Sorry, If I'm a bit repetitive, but yeah, it really is paranoia.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It is unaffected - don't worry!

However I will say as a good rule of thumb, you shouldn't fill up your SSD, as to avoid performance issues. Many people stick to the 70% full rule, I tend to find 80% or so is reasonable. HDDs are a different story altogether.