Is Build Compatible?

beastlyben

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
Hi all trying my first ever build kind of scared and nervous about it but apparently if you can build Lego you can build a gaming rig. To the point, I need to know if this is compatible:

Asus Maximus VII Hero
I-7 4790k or I-5 4690k
R9-290x Sapphire Tri-x oc
Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb (2400)
Seasonic 860w platinum series
Corsair Obsidian 650d or 550d

Hope I got it all down any recommendations are very appreciated I spent countless days studying benchmarks, reviews, guides what have you.....most importantly is the case big enough?PSU powerful enough? Compatible?

Thanks all in advance!

Solution

Yes everything is fine. The motherboard however, will most likely need a BIOS update to use the New Haswell Refresh CPU's. It's easy though, just...

Yes everything is fine. The motherboard however, will most likely need a BIOS update to use the New Haswell Refresh CPU's. It's easy though, just tell whoever you are ordering it from to flash the BIOS and update it. While I like the RAM speed, if it's just for gaming 8GB is enough so just get 2x4GB of that fast speed. Otherwise everything seems in order, but if you do not plan to Overclock then just get a nonk series Processor, if you do plan to overclock get a CM Hyper 212 EVO.

Solution

beastlyben

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
Thanks a bunch! I wasn't planning on overclocking CPU but a friend said it helps a bit and relatively safe if its a small boost. Any recommendations between the i-5 and i-7 CPU I chose in terms of performance? I basically want to cover all my bases for the future and apparently the hyperthreading may help me gamewise down the road? But at a $100 price gap yeesh

In gaming you will not see a difference between those to, so the I5 is the best chose. Hyperthreading may help you down the road, no one knows o_O... but yea, if you are going to OC a bit then get a after market cooler like the Hyper 212 EVO.