Question Is Buying a 3060 Ti worth it today than waiting for 2023 for either decently priced other RDNA 3 models or maybe not so decently priced RTX 4060 ?

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
So i have the option to buy a 3060 Ti like today itself ,i can place the order now and i do plan to do heavy AAA gaming and use DLSS and Ray tracing and use a 1440p monitor
is that worth it for todays standard ?
Or is it more worthwhile to wait for other RDNA 3 gpu's besides the 7900 XT and XTX which presumebly will be launced early 2023?
because eventually they will

But i also wonder if RDNA 3 is 1.5 times better in ray tracing then if a RX 6700 gave 10 fps (hypothetical number) with ray tracing then it would not be giving much in RX 7700 if we take that 1.5 times more ray tracing performance by heart but thats my dumb calculation and i could be extremely wrong on that

Then there is of cource the elephant in the room which should of course be launced too ,The RTX 4060 with DLSS3 (presuming launches around the same time as other RDNA 3)

So is buying a 3060 Ti today to do aforementioned gaming a wise or good decison on my end or should i wait it out ,please keep in mind i dont have a modern pc right now except a old hp laptop with a GTX 1050 and no hyperthreading on a 4 core cpu

Any suggestion would really be appreciated please

It's totally up to you. Personally I feel the nvidia cards are overpriced. They do have better ray tracing performance but that's up to your personal preference.

For example on Newegg right now in the USA, I can get a 6700xt for $369.99

When I look for the 3060ti, they do have some models for less that aren't sold by Newegg. Personally if buying from Newegg I like to purchase directly from them. In that case the cheapest is 409.99 then they go to $439.99 and above.

However if you are spending that much, they've got this 6800xt for 534.99

ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming D Gaming Graphics Card with 16GB GDDR6, AMD RDNA 2 (RX6800XT PGD 16GO) - Newegg.com

Or they have the 6900xt for 654.99

It comes down to what you have to spend and what features you value. I've got a 6700xt and it seems to be decent for 1440p now, but in a year or two, I'm not sure. But 1000 dollars is a lot of money, so if you are buying now last gen cards, I'd probably go as high up the chain as you are comfortable with. However you need to take into account the rest of the PC including the power supply as well.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
a simple advice. If you can afford it, and need the 3060ti for something now, then buy it. So the fun can begin! ;)

there would always be a better gpu, if you keep waiting for the better thing that would come out next year. Then you might just keep waiting for the next and next year new amazing "decently priced" shiny.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cookiezaddict
Sep 10, 2022
a simple advice. If you can afford it, and need the 3060ti for something now, then buy it. So the fun can begin! ;)

there would always be a better gpu, if you keep waiting for the better thing that would come out next year. Then you might just keep waiting for the next and next year new amazing "decently priced" shiny.

Yepp this is the best when it comes to decide when the fun should start?? OF COURSE NOW!

Unless money is the problem, big problem, then upgrade shouldn't be on the table in the first place.

GPU price fluctuates, will always fluctuates, but the fun has to keep going if gaming is a hobby.

Reactions: Tac 25