News Is Buying a Prebuilt PC for its Graphics Card a Good Idea?

Apr 1, 2020
Don't forget if you sell it on eBay you have to pay a sizeable fee of 12.55% (+1.65% if it's international), and if you sell over $600 a year you have to claim it on taxes thanks to the new law which lowered that limit from $10,000.

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
OMG!
Everything about this article (title,body,and graphics) is pain-funny. Hehehe! It hurts and it is funny we are in this situation.
What are you going to do? Cry?
Nah.
Might as well laugh at the pain!

Reactions: JarredWaltonGPU

mikepellegrini

Commendable
Apr 27, 2020
This article is satire, right? I wouldn't buy one of those pre-built computers for anything. It's highway robbery! Newegg in particular sucks, seriously. If there was a blackout tonight, they'd be selling flashlight batteries for $20 each. The way they view customers is that they're "revenue producing units" - rubes ripe to pluck for as much cash as possible. I've seen druggies rolling drunks that exhibited more respect for their victims.

I've bought four video cards this year - 2 RTX 3060's, one RTX 3080 and one RTX 3090 (most went to my kids). One from Best Buy (for list price) and three direct from eVGA (also for list price). The way I did it was by getting in eVGA's queques, and by using Stockdrops bots on Discord. Stock Drops

I will never give newegg another penny, the rest of my life. Screw them! I wouldn't pee on them if they were on fire. And the same to those like them.

I like the term shuck but I can't help but think I'm hearing one thing with the meaning of another.

The walrus and the carpenter

They dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse.

Guess who your readers are?

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
I've reached the point where I game as little as possible and set the graphics to low when I do actually play to prolong my GPU's life as much as possible.

I know GPUs are tough and the chance of them breaking are quite low, but I don't want to get stranded in this mad market climate. If it were to break (god-forbid), then my rusty old 970 would've need to come out of retirement and serve at the front line again.

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
This article is satire, right? I wouldn't buy one of those pre-built computers for anything. It's highway robbery! Newegg in particular sucks, seriously. If there was a blackout tonight, they'd be selling flashlight batteries for $20 each. The way they view customers is that they're "revenue producing units" - rubes ripe to pluck for as much cash as possible. I've seen druggies rolling drunks that exhibited more respect for their victims.

I've bought four video cards this year - 2 RTX 3060's, one RTX 3080 and one RTX 3090 (most went to my kids). One from Best Buy (for list price) and three direct from eVGA (also for list price). The way I did it was by getting in eVGA's queques, and by using Stockdrops bots on Discord. Stock Drops

I will never give newegg another penny, the rest of my life. Screw them! I wouldn't pee on them if they were on fire. And the same to those like them.
"I've bought four video cards this year - 2 RTX 3060's, one RTX 3080 and one RTX 3090 (most went to my kids)."
I'm willing to be adopted....