Is C++ primer a good book?

jonapap

Reputable
Aug 7, 2015
I am looking to learn C++. Looking at books, I found C++ primer. After reading some reviews, some said you need a bit of knowledge in C++ to enjoy this book. I know the really base of C++ like variables, loop, etc. I know pretty well Java with the book Head First Java(and of course other languages but the language I know the most for now is Java). So my question is, is this a good book to learn C++ and do I know enough to understand it?

Solution
You can read a number of the pages on amazon. From your description of your background, it is difficult to determine if the book it TOO basic. Unless you have a specific task you intend to solve with C++ it is difficult to answer. Understanding a language is just syntax. Basic software development skills are language independent. Logical thought, problem breakdown, pattern identification, etc.

kanewolf

Titan
You can read a number of the pages on amazon. From your description of your background, it is difficult to determine if the book it TOO basic. Unless you have a specific task you intend to solve with C++ it is difficult to answer. Understanding a language is just syntax. Basic software development skills are language independent. Logical thought, problem breakdown, pattern identification, etc.

Solution

jonapap

Reputable
Aug 7, 2015

I looked a bit in the book on Amazon and I have no worries that it will not be too basic. For now, I just want to learn C++ in general, there is no specific problems I need to solve.