Is Carpet OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darryl

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2002

I'm new to high end audio. This is a true neophyte question.

Does it matter if I place my system I am purchasing on carpet? I mean
on the rack but in a carpeted room.

Thank you,

Darryl

>From: dcrps@comcast.net (Darryl)
>Date: 5/26/2004 7:21 AM Pacific Standard Time
>
>I'm new to high end audio. This is a true neophyte question.
>
>Does it matter if I place my system I am purchasing on carpet? I mean
>on the rack but in a carpeted room.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Darryl

It shouldn't be a problem at all. You might need to use spiked feet for the
sake of stability.

Darryl <dcrps@comcast.net> wrote:
> I'm new to high end audio. This is a true neophyte question.

> Does it matter if I place my system I am purchasing on carpet? I mean
> on the rack but in a carpeted room.

You should be OK, so long as the air vents of the components aren't
blocked (which might happen if you sat a hefty amp down
directly on a shag carpet).

Having a carpeted floor is generally a good idea in a listening room,
since it ameliorates strong reflections from the floor.

--

-S.

"They've got God on their side. All we've got is science and reason."
-- Dawn Hulsey, Talent Director

darryl

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2002

Thank you all. The ideal place for my new setup is in a carpeted room
in my home. I'm glad to learn from you that this is good for the
sound.

Also, thanks to the Moderators of this newsgroup.

Darryl