Question is change latency good for my system?

Aug 12, 2019
heloo, what are the consequences if i change latency from CL16 to CL14 ? i have 16gb ram 3000mhz with chipset hynx AFR A-DIE (geil superluce). i just OC to 3200mhz CL14 with 1.4v and the result is amazing.
i got some issue if i run at 3200mhz. if i try to go to bios then to windows, i having a fail count and the bios back to the default setting. and now stable at 3133mhz CL14 without any issue.

all my system was overclocked. my rig :
ryzen 5 2600 at 4ghz 1.3v max temp 57-59 C
RAM from 3000mhz CL16 1.35v to 3133 CL14 1.4v done
VGA RX 580 sapphire 8gb at 1450mhz memory 2150 mhz vcore +37 pow limit +25 max temp 72 C
motherboard asrock b450 steel legend

sorry my english is really bad :)

Reactions: DUAL33s

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Consequences? If stable, then the improved CL should be beneficial in almost all tasks - whether noticeable or not, will depend on specifics.

If not stable, then the consequences are... well... instability and all the problems associated with.

Aug 12, 2019
Consequences? If stable, then the improved CL should be beneficial in almost all tasks - whether noticeable or not, will depend on specifics.

If not stable, then the consequences are... well... instability and all the problems associated with.

Thankyou brother for the advice, and i mean what the side effects for the long term. It is safe? How the correlation with IMC. Will it damaging capabilities of ram. I know it feels too much, but i want to achieve optimal results in my budget rig :))

DUAL33s

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019
heloo, what are the consequences if i change latency from CL16 to CL14 ? i have 16gb ram 3000mhz with chipset hynx AFR A-DIE (geil superluce). i just OC to 3200mhz CL14 with 1.4v and the result is amazing.
i got some issue if i run at 3200mhz. if i try to go to bios then to windows, i having a fail count and the bios back to the default setting. and now stable at 3133mhz CL14 without any issue.

all my system was overclocked. my rig :
ryzen 5 2600 at 4ghz 1.3v max temp 57-59 C
RAM from 3000mhz CL16 1.35v to 3133 CL14 1.4v done
VGA RX 580 sapphire 8gb at 1450mhz memory 2150 mhz vcore +37 pow limit +25 max temp 72 C
motherboard asrock b450 steel legend

sorry my english is really bad :)
yes memory latency can have a pretty big impact on your system, especially in tasks such as gaming, rendering etc. Also, you have a Ryzen chip and Ryzen has been known to benefit greatly from tighter DRAM timings. But be sure you run memtest or membech after you apply the overclock. this will test your current RAM configuration and make sure there are no errors or issues that may have a negative effect over time.

Aug 12, 2019
yes memory latency can have a pretty big impact on your system, especially in tasks such as gaming, rendering etc. Also, you have a Ryzen chip and Ryzen has been known to benefit greatly from tighter DRAM timings. But be sure you run memtest or membech after you apply the overclock. this will test your current RAM configuration and make sure there are no errors or issues that may have a negative effect over time.
thank you for the advice, yes absolutely i feel so much good imapct at any scenario. i've been doing some stability test with prime95 around 6hours, geekbanch, cinebench, 3dmark, davinci resolve 4k rendering (openCl feels not good as cuda core do). and now i dont even have some good games for test the stability. maybe 3dmark can represent gaming scenario. anyway i'll try to push my RAM to 3400mhz next time. i know try to push the limit must be with good effort :). if you have any suggestions for this i would really appreciate it