• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Is COMODO Firewall's "Protected Objects" the same as Controlled Folder Access?

Jun 21, 2020
Hello,

On 2 of my Windows 10 devices, I have Kaspersky Security Cloud Free + COMODO Firewall (CruelSister Configuration). Having Kaspersky blocks me from using Controlled Folder Access (CFA), and I really like CFA and the "Protected Folders" business that Bitdefender has.

I noticed that in COMODO's Firewall (and all other products) there's a "Protected Objects" feature. I read all the guides and self-help articles, but I'm still confused as to if it acts the same as Window's CFA or Bitdefender's Protected Folders? (Same as in if ransomware gets executed, those particular folders in the Protected Objects category won't get encrypted). Or am I missing something?

I don't keep very much on my system (I just throw it in Google Drive or OneDrive and keep them away and unlinked from the system since ransomware can encrypt it as well), but very seldom I keep some documents and pictures locally for a short amount of time. Thus, as I'm no security wizard, I ask.

Thank you.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS