Is Cooler Master IC Value V1 worth it?

Einsteinium

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
I am upgrading my PC in the coming weeks and also plan to do a thorough clean on the components that I am using again as my current case allows for A LOT of dust to enter. This includes also removing and cleaning my GPU heatsink and while I'm at it I will also clean out my laptop fan and heatsink.

Now to come onto topic. Because I will be removing the heatsinks I will have to reapply the thermal paste applied by the manufacturers. This will be my first time that I apply thermal paste so I opted for the cheaper thermal paste to that I do not waste to much money if I mess things up.

Now I bought Cooler Master IC Value V1 when I bought my motherboard and only now found out that is is quite inferior to the other stuff on the market.

Now my question is will this suffice? I am not going to overclock. My GPU is Gigabyte Radeon HD 7770 OC Edition, but I will be putting my new PC in a Cooler Master N600. So I thought maybe the good airflow in the case will maybe up for that. As for the laptop I have a Lenovo G500 with Intel Core i3 third gen (I cannot remember the exact model), it is only one year old.

If applied properly, the thermal compound should be just about as effective as the factory paste job (you'll see what I mean about that when you remove the heatsinks). IMO, you would be better served by getting a better compound and not using the Cooler Master stuff especially since there is a laptop involved and effective heat dissipation is necessary to prolong it's life expectancy.

Einsteinium

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013

I think what I will do is get some baselines of what I have now and later on after applying the TIM I will compare the temps to that.