[SOLVED] is Cooler Master V3 600w a good brand?

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
Hi, building a third pc.. so today I phoned the store at the mall and asked them if they had a Seasonic vailable. Unfortunately, no Seasonic.. so I asked them what do they have that is above 500w capacity.

the manager told me they have a Cooler Master V3 600W.. sold for approx 45 USD. Is this a good PSU, and can it handle an RTX 2060 gpu card?

Solution
Cooler Master V3 600W is a budget based none modular unit with only 2 years warranty. I would not recommend it. It may or may not be adequate wattage wise as that will depend on all the other hardware you have and if you intend to expand or Overclock.
All PSU manufacturers sell budget based low quality and less efficient units.
Get a PSU that has at least a gold certification from a reputable brand with 20% more power that you need atm.
The PSU is arguably the most important piece of hardware and not to be under estimated. A poor quality unit generally will only last a couple of years however when it fails it can take other hardware with it. DONT GO CHEAP.
Antec. EVGA, Seasonic gold series are all good.
Cooler Master V3 600W is a budget based none modular unit with only 2 years warranty. I would not recommend it. It may or may not be adequate wattage wise as that will depend on all the other hardware you have and if you intend to expand or Overclock.
All PSU manufacturers sell budget based low quality and less efficient units.
Get a PSU that has at least a gold certification from a reputable brand with 20% more power that you need atm.
The PSU is arguably the most important piece of hardware and not to be under estimated. A poor quality unit generally will only last a couple of years however when it fails it can take other hardware with it. DONT GO CHEAP.
Antec. EVGA, Seasonic gold series are all good.

Reactions: Tac 25
Solution