[SOLVED] Is Cooling OK? I5-6500 and Arctic Alpine 12

Jun 13, 2020
Hello, i bought new CPU Cooler, because stock cooler was too loud for me. I have never been watching the processor temperature. But when I bought new Arctic Alpine 12, I started monitoring the processor temperature. I have Intel Core I5-6500 and when I had computer six hours in idle state, I had 33°C. But when I open Chrome, i have immediately 45°C or 50°C.
But also I had few times 64°C. But when I'm gaming, I had from 50 to 65°C. I use Core Temp app. In Al Suite 3 I have set 50°C - 0.9%, 70°C - 54% and 75°C - 100% fan speed. Intel says that Tmax is 75°C, but in every forum users says, is okay to 100°C. But my sister have almost same computer, same motherboard (ASUS B150m), same GPU, but another manufacturer (GTX 1650) and CPU is I5-6400. She has same CPU cooler, but applied almost one year before me. But she has in indle temp 35°C, but in Chrome, she has 39-45°C and few times 50°C. So where is problem? Thanks guys.

Solution
It is absolutely fine, you may want to check your case airflow, a better airflow leads a better air inside case. you might want to buy Deepcool ice edge mini with arctic mx4 thermal paste for a better thermal solution if you want a low temp (if that matters you most)
It is absolutely fine, you may want to check your case airflow, a better airflow leads a better air inside case. you might want to buy Deepcool ice edge mini with arctic mx4 thermal paste for a better thermal solution if you want a low temp (if that matters you most)

Solution
Jun 13, 2020
Thanks for reply @Koekieezz. I'm glad to hear thats is fine. In case I have one 120mm Arctic P12 at back and second on front. Front cooler blows air inside and back cooler blows air outside. I plan to buy Arctic P14 140mm on side of the case. But I don't know if I have to blow air inside or outside with this cooler. My CPU fan has 250 RPM by default and other fans has 200 RPM. So Airflow is good I think, but don't know. I want to have good cooled, but silent PC. And the Arctic fans are silent, so I use them. And if the current temps are OK, I think I don't need to buy another CPU cooler. Only problem with noisy is my Graphic Card ASUS GTX 1650 Dual, that is little bit loud, but it's acceptable.

Latest posts