is cooling with ac fans a bad idea?

Steven20151991

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016
i have a 2 ac fans 120mm and 117 cfm... quality dayton ones... i want to cool my pc with them replace the top 120mm and put one in the side, the main reason i want to switch is the high cfm i haven't found with dc fans. has anyone tryed this and does it work good? id still have the cpu fan and original intake fan on the pc supply but and id get a ac input plug like the psu has to power them.... im trying to cool my pc plus the second psu,car stereo and preparing for the second psu upgrade to a standerd 120v to 12v 30a converter

Solution
You can add fan grill. So Heat Sink Fan press heat out of heat sink, these dispersed warm air were meant to be moved by intake case fan and exhausted by exhaust fan, the grill decreased intake fan's air pressure but it also widen exposed surface, this commonly done by silverstone Air Penetrator fan.
What pin type dayton fan is? usually AC fan is 2 pin just like PSU fan and @ 117 CFM usually require more than 12V and 12V is what your PSU can provide.

Mikel_4

Respectable
Oct 15, 2016
You can add fan grill. So Heat Sink Fan press heat out of heat sink, these dispersed warm air were meant to be moved by intake case fan and exhausted by exhaust fan, the grill decreased intake fan's air pressure but it also widen exposed surface, this commonly done by silverstone Air Penetrator fan.
What pin type dayton fan is? usually AC fan is 2 pin just like PSU fan and @ 117 CFM usually require more than 12V and 12V is what your PSU can provide.

Solution