[SOLVED] Is Corsair 450W enough for my setup?

OMGSam

Commendable
Mar 1, 2020
Hello, recently my power supply died and everyone on the forum told me that it was not of good quality and that corsair power supplies are usually alright. I had a 530W power supply in my system but I was wondering if it was an overkill. My setup is as follows.

Motherboard: H110M-K
Graphics Card: EVGA-GeForce-GTX-960 SSC
RAM: 16 GB 1333 DDR4
Processor: i5 6600K
Fans: 1 Chassis Fan, connected to the motherboard, 1 CPU fan, 1 case fan.
Hard Drives: 2 7200 RPM Hard Drives.

Power Supply in question: https://www.daraz.pk/products/corsa...chlistcategory.list.1.127b7c3eVAcOgC&search=1

Solution
Thanks for the reply. Yes Its fundamentally a gaming rig, and are you referring to Watts or the brand? If watts, then how much do you think would be enough, and if brand, then which one do you prefer?
450 watts is enough for what you have now but consider future upgrades also. What you need now is better quality. The Corsair CX series would be the lowest quality model I'd use. The TX, RM and RMx are much better but cost more as the quality increases. Seasonic also makes a good 'Focus' series if they are available where you live. Be prepared to spend some money for a good power supply. Remember, everything in the computer depends on it.
Hello, recently my power supply died and everyone on the forum told me that it was not of good quality and that corsair power supplies are usually alright. I had a 530W power supply in my system but I was wondering if it was an overkill. My setup is as follows.

Motherboard: H110M-K
Graphics Card: EVGA-GeForce-GTX-960 SSC
RAM: 16 GB 1333 DDR4
Processor: i5 6600K
Fans: 1 Chassis Fan, connected to the motherboard, 1 CPU fan, 1 case fan.
Hard Drives: 2 7200 RPM Hard Drives.

Power Supply in question: https://www.daraz.pk/products/corsa...chlistcategory.list.1.127b7c3eVAcOgC&search=1
You can use it but I don't recommend it for anything but an office computer. If you'll be gaming on a regular basis you should get something of higher quality. Corsair makes much better PSU's than the VS series.

OMGSam

Commendable
Mar 1, 2020
You can use it but I don't recommend it for anything but an office computer. If you'll be gaming on a regular basis you should get something of higher quality. Corsair makes much better PSU's than the VS series.

Thanks for the reply. Yes Its fundamentally a gaming rig, and are you referring to Watts or the brand? If watts, then how much do you think would be enough, and if brand, then which one do you prefer?

450 watts is enough for what you have now but consider future upgrades also. What you need now is better quality. The Corsair CX series would be the lowest quality model I'd use. The TX, RM and RMx are much better but cost more as the quality increases. Seasonic also makes a good 'Focus' series if they are available where you live. Be prepared to spend some money for a good power supply. Remember, everything in the computer depends on it.

Solution