Cooler: Be quiet Pure rock 1500RPM 120mm fan
GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 1660 Super OC edition 6gb
RAM: HyperX 2x8gb 3200mhz
PSU: Corsair CV650 80+ Bronze 650W
Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
Not really, what is your budget and where do you live or shop?
Sweden im a kid and i didnt have money to buy psu and a friend to my dad bought a psu to me and bought this one but people say its decent quality and it works fine but i said that i wanted an RM650 V2 80+ Gold but he said it was so expensive for an psu

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
Ok so they didnt have CV650 in stock i dont want to wait 2 weeks to get in stock so i ordered an CX650 wich was a little bit more expensive but i wounder if that one is fine to but it should be even better because its more expensive right?

Reactions: King_V

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
I ordered the 650 one but i wounder i got an mod x stream pro psu wich ia like 4-5 years old now 500W becausw the power supply comes in 2 days so i wounder if i can use the old psu to jut install windows using it in my 650 ti built wich i havent used in years but if i have keep up in 4 years it should keep up for like 1-2 hours to install windows and i maybe want to play a little bit to i got another one on 500W with an A10-9700 cpu wich is the pc im going to upgrade but that psu sounds like an vacum cleaner so it will definetly explode since it cant baely keep up with an a10 with no gpu so i will never put in that that one is dangerous

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
Honestly would i just wait. From what i remember were the modxstream not the best,

some things said about the psu when it was still new,
Is the OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W really that bad?
by now an older platform that already had it's flaws then and with not great internals. I would have some patience.
okay so i think i need to replace the psu i had it in like 2 month and i think my psu is broken sometimes when it idling or when im playing games it gets loud in like 1 second sometimes and it have frezee and restart the pc 4 times i think its a psu failure

Must've been a hell of an under volt!

I have no idea, it went with a bang.

Under warranty and they expected me to send it back to the Netherlands for warranty approval.

Would have cost about the same for shipping as the psu did in the first place.

Do ocz even exist now? They made some nice fancy ram looking ram kits back in the day before heatspreaders actually became the norm.

Bedazzled by those I expected that psu to be an incredible piece of electronic engineering.

Wow - just checked on amazon UK out of interest, you can still buy a new modstream Pro 700w on amazon prime for the amazing price of £74, bargain!

How long have these things been sat in a warehouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS