Is Corsair CX-430 silent and good enough?

Galinho13

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
What's up!
I'm looking for a PSU change, because my currently one is doing a lot of fan noise. I've a C3Tech 350R (it's a brazilian brand), and the fan spinning looks like a jet engine.
So, I'd like to know if Corsair CX-430 is silent (most important) and good for my rig.

My specs:

Dual Core E5300
Asus P5G41T-M Lx
4GB Kingston DDR3
320 GB WD (3200AAJS)
GeForce 9500 GT 512MB

Solution
I'm typing this on a CX430 powered rig and can't hear a thing. Its about a foot away and its pretty much silent even when gaming with my ASUS 7770. However, my GPU is quite low on power consumption and neither my CPU or GPU is overclocked. If your system is more power hungry or your case has poor ventilation, the PSU fans may be more audible. I've had mine for 2 years now and it's been a peach all the way :)

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
For your needs it's a great choice.

CX430:

The ideal choice for value-conscious system builders and upgraders

The Corsair Builder Series of PSUs are designed for worry-free compatibility for your home desktop PC system build or upgrade. With features usually reserved for premium power supplies, it’s a great choice for systems where continuous and reliable power delivery and low noise are essential.
Corsair Builder Series CX430 Features:

Ultra-quiet 120mm fan delivers excellent airflow at an exceptionally low noise level by varying fan speed in response to temperature
80 PLUS certified to deliver at least 80% efficiency at normal load conditions (20% to 100% load)
0.99 Active Power Factor Correction provides clean and reliable power
Complies with ErP Lot 6 European Union standard for low standby power consumption
Universal AC input from 90~264V — No more hassle of flipping that tiny red switch to select the voltage input!
Extra long fully-sleeved cables support full tower chassis
Dedicated single +12V rail offers maximum compatibility with the latest components
Over-voltage and over-power protection, under-voltage protection, and short circuit protection provide maximum safety to your critical system components
Three year warranty and lifetime access to Corsair’s legendary technical support and customer service
Supports the latest ATX12V v2.3 standard and is backward compatible with ATX12V 2.2 and ATX12V 2.01 systems
Safety Approvals: UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TÜV, CCC, C-tick
Dimensions: 5.9"(W) x 3.4"(H) X 5.5"(L); 150mm(W) x 86mm(H) x 140mm(L)
MTBF: 100,000 Hours

Galinho13

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014

Hey!
I do not intend to make this machine a gaming rig. I'll only use it for simple tasks, as browse, watch videos and type texts.
Which of this psu's brand you quoted would you recommend? I don't have a lot of knowledge in PSU stuff. I heard from a brazilian forum that the CX-430 was quite silent, but I'm not sure enough. In my country, I do not have a lot of options in psu models; for example, there are no fanless psu's being sold here.

Thanks!

Galinho13

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014

Thanks!
So, the fan in the CX430 is really silent, right?
I know the spec site says it is, but the same was told about the 350R on its websites and, when I plugged it, I realized that it wasn't. For my lucky, it wasn't that expensive.

Hanlet

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014
I'm typing this on a CX430 powered rig and can't hear a thing. Its about a foot away and its pretty much silent even when gaming with my ASUS 7770. However, my GPU is quite low on power consumption and neither my CPU or GPU is overclocked. If your system is more power hungry or your case has poor ventilation, the PSU fans may be more audible. I've had mine for 2 years now and it's been a peach all the way :)

Solution