Question Is Corsair cx 650w bronze is good for my build?

May 15, 2019
This is my build

Ryzen 5 2600
MSI b450 bazooka plus
MSI gaming z rtx 2060
2x 8gb 3000mhz Corsair RGB pro
1TB HDD
500GB SSD
Deepcool Gammaxx GTE RGB CPU air cooler
CM MB511 case

At first I thought of Antec earth watts 550w gold pro which my friend recommended, but lack of service centres here in my place. I can buy online but I had to ship and all that stuff incase of warranty claim which is so much hassle for me..

So will Corsair CX 650w/550w 80 plus bronze is a good psu to go for ?
PC will run like 8-10hours for gaming..

May 15, 2019
550w is enough it’s just the quality, the CX650 is just average. Are there other choices, maybe Seasonic?

Seasonic s12II 520w bronze is having slightly less price to Antec gold pro 550 and more than corsair. Corsair and cooler master are available at local computer shops and have service centre too..

Viprex

BANNED
May 16, 2019
The Corsair CX 650 is a pretty good quality PSU. It includes LLC resonant + DC-DC topology for full support with modern systems, a full set of protections, good longevity, and stable electrical performance.
Here's a professional review of the 450W variant: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-cx450-psu,5678.html
IMO, the quality would fit your system well. Although the 450w or 550w variant may save you some cash while still having plenty of room.

Your selection of power supplies hint to me you're located in India.
There is a misconception prominent with the Antec Earthwatts Gold 550, particularly in the Indian retailers. What they're selling may not be the updated, Seasonic Focus platform, rather the outdated FSP platform.
Even if the retailer lists correct specifications and photos, read the customer reviews.
Usually, if you're finding an Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro for around the same price as a Corsair CX, it's too good to be true.

Do you mind specifying the other power supplies available to you?

Reactions: TJ Hooker
May 15, 2019
The Corsair CX 650 is a pretty good quality PSU. It includes LLC resonant + DC-DC topology for full support with modern systems, a full set of protections, good longevity, and stable electrical performance.
Here's a professional review of the 450W variant: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-cx450-psu,5678.html
IMO, the quality would fit your system well. Although the 450w or 550w variant may save you some cash while still having plenty of room.

Your selection of power supplies hint to me you're located in India.
There is a misconception prominent with the Antec Earthwatts Gold 550, particularly in the Indian retailers. What they're selling may not be the updated, Seasonic Focus platform, rather the outdated FSP platform.
Even if the retailer lists correct specifications and photos, read the customer reviews.
Usually, if you're finding an Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro for around the same price as a Corsair CX, it's too good to be true.

Do you mind specifying the other power supplies available to you?
Yes,India.
Some Antec gold pro are 5 year warranty and some are 7 year warranty. I'm not sure which is old and which is new. I'm ok if it doesn't fail early and seller takes for RMA if any..
CX 650w model is cheaper than Antec gold pro 550W by 7$ if converted..

https://mdcomputers.in/mobile?0=id=...Fhome&keyword=mobile&language_id=1&store_id=0

This is where I'm looking to buy.

Viprex

BANNED
May 16, 2019
Yes,India.
Some Antec gold pro are 5 year warranty and some are 7 year warranty. I'm not sure which is old and which is new. I'm ok if it doesn't fail early and seller takes for RMA if any..
CX 650w model is cheaper than Antec gold pro 550W by 7$ if converted..

https://mdcomputers.in/mobile?0=id=4&query=extension%2Fmobile%2Fhome&keyword=mobile&language_id=1&store_id=0

This is where I'm looking to buy.

The new version should have 7 years warranty.
The photos of the 550w version on MDComputers are of the old variant. It looks too suspicious, especially with the pricing.

I'd look at the Corsair CX450 for ~3500 or CX550 for ~4400. Keep in mind the CX450 includes just one PCIe connector. so if you intend to upgrade to a more powerful GPU requiring two PCIe connectors look at the Corsair CX550.

The next worthwhile stepup is the Corsair TX550M for 5720 at Vedant Computers (out of stock).

Reactions: TJ Hooker
May 15, 2019
The new version should have 7 years warranty.
The photos of the 550w version on MDComputers are of the old variant. It looks too suspicious, especially with the pricing.

I'd look at the Corsair CX450 for ~3500 or CX550 for ~4400. Keep in mind the CX450 includes just one PCIe connector. so if you intend to upgrade to a more powerful GPU requiring two PCIe connectors look at the Corsair CX550.

The next worthwhile stepup is the Corsair TX550M for 5720 at Vedant Computers (out of stock).

That TX model is out of stock from past one month.Price seems too less for a gold model too..

So which should I prefer then? Is it CX model then? 550w or 650w... Will it handle my build ?
This build is for Gaming purpose runs almost 10 hours a day..

May 15, 2019
Last edited: