Question Is Corsair cx 650w bronze is good for my build?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 15, 2019
This is my build

Ryzen 5 2600
MSI b450 bazooka plus
MSI gaming z rtx 2060
2x 8gb 3000mhz Corsair RGB pro
1TB HDD
500GB SSD
Deepcool Gammaxx GTE RGB CPU air cooler
CM MB511 case

At first I thought of Antec earth watts 550w gold pro which my friend recommended, but lack of service centres here in my place. I can buy online but I had to ship and all that stuff incase of warranty claim which is so much hassle for me..

So will Corsair CX 650w/550w 80 plus bronze is a good psu to go for ?
PC will run like 8-10hours for gaming..

If its stretch for you, then you can go for the CX. Its a decent unit with some good points...

"The CX650M is among the best bang for the buck PSUs available on the market today. It offers very good performance and it is silent enough, although it could be even more silent with a lower, minimum fan speed. At its current price it is very difficult to find a better unit, covered by a hefty five-year warranty."

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-cx650m-psu,4770-11.html (semi modular version)

May 15, 2019
If its stretch for you, then you can go for the CX. Its a decent unit with some good points...

"The CX650M is among the best bang for the buck PSUs available on the market today. It offers very good performance and it is silent enough, although it could be even more silent with a lower, minimum fan speed. At its current price it is very difficult to find a better unit, covered by a hefty five-year warranty."

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-cx650m-psu,4770-11.html (semi modular version)

It's even higher price than CM MWE Gold.
Any big difference between 650 and 650M apart from modular?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
If efficiency is more than enough for the build i mentioned then I will go with CX 550W or 650W too..
You don't really require a certain level of efficiency for any given build. Being efficient just means your PC will consume a little less power and the PSU may run a bit quieter (higher efficiency = less waste heat generated by the PSU = slower PSU fan speed).

Viprex

BANNED
May 16, 2019
Any big difference between 650 and 650M apart from modular?
Its the same unit. Just non modular version

The Corsair CX and CXM are completely different internally. The major difference is the LLC resonant design in the Corsair CX as opposed to the double forward topology in the Corsair CXM. If the lack of modularity isn't an issue, the Corsair CX is the better power supply. Regardless, either are very good budget options and beat the competition.

Reactions: TJ Hooker
May 15, 2019
The Corsair CX and CXM are completely different internally. The major difference is the LLC resonant design in the Corsair CX as opposed to the double forward topology in the Corsair CXM. If the lack of modularity isn't an issue, the Corsair CX is the better power supply. Regardless, either are very good budget options and beat the competition.

I used to have non modular psu before. So I have no issue as long as they fit well at the back of the case..

YT-CTECH

Great
May 5, 2019
www.youtube.com
This is my build

Ryzen 5 2600
MSI b450 bazooka plus
MSI gaming z rtx 2060
1TB HDD
500GB SSD
CM MB511 case

At first I thought of Antec earth watts 550w gold pro which my friend recommended, but lack of service centres here in my place. I can buy online but I had to ship and all that stuff incase of warranty claim which is so much hassle for me..

YT-CTECH

Great
May 5, 2019
www.youtube.com
This is my build

Ryzen 5 2600
MSI b450 bazooka plus
MSI gaming z rtx 2060
1TB HDD
500GB SSD
CM MB511 case

Thta would be fine! 550w i recommend, but look into Corsair TX550 Gold+ as its a really good psu!