[SOLVED] Is corsair vs550 psu enough for fx 6300 and XFX AMD Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 8GB ;

Apr 26, 2020
Hello, my friend want to upgrades his gpu, in my country rx 580 costs 160 euros, 15 euros more from rx 570. His psu is a corsair vs550watt with a fx-6300 cpu and iam not sure if this psu is enough to power the fx-6300 and rx 580 without to cause any problems in the future. (Sorry for my english)
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Try to go for the Corsair CX gray labeled units, as those are higher quality than the VS series PSU's. The EVGA SuperNova G3 is also a great PSU, but can get on the expensive side at times.

As for wattage, 550 is fine unless you are overclocking or any sort.
Hello, my friend want to upgrades his gpu, in my country rx 580 costs 160 euros, 15 euros more from rx 570. His psu is a corsair vs550watt with a fx-6300 cpu and iam not sure if this psu is enough to power the fx-6300 and rx 580 without to cause any problems in the future. (Sorry for my english)
Thanks in advance.
It will be fine. The VS power supply is not a very high quality model and is probably better suited for a workstation than a gaming system but it has enough power. If it's more than 4-5 years old I recommend replacing it with a higher quality model.

mangaman

Honorable
Try to go for the Corsair CX gray labeled units, as those are higher quality than the VS series PSU's. The EVGA SuperNova G3 is also a great PSU, but can get on the expensive side at times.

As for wattage, 550 is fine unless you are overclocking or any sort.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS