[SOLVED] Is Corsair VS650 compatible with non-sinwave UPS?

Jun 26, 2020
Hello, I have a Corsair VS650 SKU CP-9020098-EU model PSU. I will buy a UPS. But the model I chose is Line Interactive (Tuncmatik Lite II 850VA TSK5201). Is VS650 support non-sinwave (square wave) UPS?

Thanks.

Solution
Hello, I have a Corsair VS650 SKU CP-9020098-EU model PSU. I will buy a UPS. But the model I chose is Line Interactive (Tuncmatik Lite II 850VA TSK5201). Is VS650 support non-sinwave (square wave) UPS?

Thanks.

FYI. Line Interactive does not mean a UPS is outputting a pure sine wave vs. simulated sine wave/square wave. You can have a line interactive UPS that outputs either sine or square. What line interactive means is that it's a standby UPS with AVR.

Any way..... There's no reason a modern, quality PSU would not work with a square wave. The information that PC PSUs don't work is about 10+ years old and keeps getting regurgitated on slow press days.
D

Deleted member 2720853

All modern PSUs should be able to deal with non-pure sine wave output, and that includes the VS, however crappy it may be.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Agreed, should be okay. But pure sine wave ones are fundamentally better for power supplies. Less stress on the capacitors to smooth the output off the transformer.
Indeed they are. Got a Cyberpower CP1500EPFCLCD for my system.

Thanks.

FYI. Line Interactive does not mean a UPS is outputting a pure sine wave vs. simulated sine wave/square wave. You can have a line interactive UPS that outputs either sine or square. What line interactive means is that it's a standby UPS with AVR.

Any way..... There's no reason a modern, quality PSU would not work with a square wave. The information that PC PSUs don't work is about 10+ years old and keeps getting regurgitated on slow press days.

Solution