[SOLVED] Is Corsair VS650(orange) good with Ryzen 3600 + 1050ti ?

ak195

Distinguished
Orange label Corsair VS is very low quality and it's old. I don't recommand it for any system.
But its still in use with intel i5 2400 and 1050ti. Yes, its quality is not such good , but this supply is not bad according to its price.
Main point is that with Ryzen 3600, new DDR4 motherboard, will this PSU survive peacefully?
Already used this PSU for almost five years.

But its still in use with intel i5 2400 and 1050ti. Yes, its quality is not such good , but this supply is not bad according to its price.
Main point is that with Ryzen 3600, new DDR4 motherboard, will this PSU survive peacefully?
Already used this PSU for almost five years.
It's in Tier E says enough about the quality of the unit. https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...er-list-rev-14-8-final-update-jul-21.3624094/ How long do you want it to last. Till it dies and take other parts into the grave? A new PSU is cheaper than a whole new system.

Reactions: ak195

ak195

Distinguished
This is something new for me to judge PSU quality by its price :p
If you been using it for 5 years you already pushing your luck.
CAN it work? Yes. Will anybody here recommend it? No, no and again no.
It's not luck, this PSU was built for budget and from small to normal tasks and gaming, and i5 2400 with 1050ti gpu is a normal build.
As DSzymborski said, for new components, using this PSU is not such a good approach, I agree with this.