[SOLVED] Is CPU Cache Ratio the same as CPU Ring Ratio

Solution
I’m a little confused with some settings when looking at an Asus and a Gigabyte board.

Ring ratio is just the CPU Cache speed the closer you can get it to be the same as your CPU speed the better it is overall.

Setting the Cache Ratio at a lower frequency than the Core Ratio can result in lower performance. If this is your first time overclocking, it's recommended to keep them at roughly the same frequency, though feel free to experiment to see what works best.

CPU Cache/Ring Ratio adjusts the frequency of certain parts of the CPU, like the cache and memory controller. CPU Cache/Ring Voltage is designed to increase the input voltage of your CPU cache. This helps to stabilize your processor's overclock.
I’m a little confused with some settings when looking at an Asus and a Gigabyte board.

Ring ratio is just the CPU Cache speed the closer you can get it to be the same as your CPU speed the better it is overall.

Setting the Cache Ratio at a lower frequency than the Core Ratio can result in lower performance. If this is your first time overclocking, it's recommended to keep them at roughly the same frequency, though feel free to experiment to see what works best.

CPU Cache/Ring Ratio adjusts the frequency of certain parts of the CPU, like the cache and memory controller. CPU Cache/Ring Voltage is designed to increase the input voltage of your CPU cache. This helps to stabilize your processor's overclock.

Solution

Fl1cks

BANNED
Jun 19, 2021

You were right about the performance! I am still overclocking my processor but after increasing the CPU Ring Ratio from 4.1Ghz to 4.5Ghz and doing some benchmarks I received a multi core score of 15859 with Cinebench R23 and what I got earlier with 4.1Ghz set for the ring ratio was a multi core score of 15781. The single core performance did not improve but if this boost in multi core score happened because of the CPU Ring Ratio adjustment which I believe it did then I’m happy to have learnt about this :)