[SOLVED] is crossfire still relevant???

DefectedSOul

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2014
in my PC is still rocking a R9 390, it still works great but noticed some games i gotta turn some stuff down in to get a good solid 60fps.
with GPU prices being through the roof i looked and saw i can get an old used R9 390 for around 250 on ebay but my question is is that even worth my time to mess with it?
i know back in the day crossfire /SLI wasnt really worth it for the money plus not a whole lot of games supported it. is that any different today?
thanks! :D
and also im running at 1080p ( i get a massive fps drop in 4k and 1080p looks good enough for me right now til new gpu prices come down )

Solution
Both SLI and Crossfire have become all but non-existent. I think the 3090 can still run SLI but most lowers have dropped it. Honestly the latest generation of cards really don't need it to achieve framerate and the drawbacks of paralleling multiple cards really made single card setups better all the way through.

jasonf2

Distinguished
Both SLI and Crossfire have become all but non-existent. I think the 3090 can still run SLI but most lowers have dropped it. Honestly the latest generation of cards really don't need it to achieve framerate and the drawbacks of paralleling multiple cards really made single card setups better all the way through.

Solution