[SOLVED] Is crossfire worth it?

EmptyCoconut

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
Games are starting to lose support for such features, but I was wondering if their are ways to activate both cards in such titles. Whether it be through mods, exploitation, etc.

Solution
Dual GPUs are basically already outdated now.
You are undoubtedly better just buying a newer more powerful GPU.

Not only because your doubling power draw for little gains, but most games don't support dual GPUs or are very badly optimised for it. There isn't mods that can help that, as it's how the game is entirely developed, which is not only time consuming, but also quite difficult.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

Not only because your doubling power draw for little gains, but most games don't support dual GPUs or are very badly optimised for it. There isn't mods that can help that, as it's how the game is entirely developed, which is not only time consuming, but also quite difficult.

Reactions: Mrgr74
Solution

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

The last card I crossfired was a 4850. When they first came out. A powerful card at the time and I remember thinking I was so cool that I had 2 in the same PC. Now I just smh and laugh at myself. :) I was almost able to fry an egg on top of my case tho, from all the heat that was generated... :cookingegg:

TRENDING THREADS