Is DDU safe?

G

Hello there!,
My name is Inuka and I am planning to buy a r9 380 for my build :) people have recommended me this software called DDU I have heard people have got viruses from Guru3D (website where you download it from) I am scared that I will get one and it will mess up my PC which I have spent time and effort into..

People have said it does not contain viruses and I believe them of course! but I need to double check because I am VERRRYYYY paranoid when it comes to malware/viruses or downloading anything of the internet.
My antivirus:
Avira antivirus FREE
Malwarebytes FREE

Thanks so much for your time and have an amazing day!

PS: Alternatives to DDU will be GREATLY appreciated! :):):)

Solution
I've used it several times with no problems but the usual security rules apply:
Download your chosen software, then run scans with your AV and anti malware to ensure the download is problem free before opening the downloaded package or running the installer.

rush21hit

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
DDU is perfectly safe software. It needs to run in Safe Mode. The software not only removes driver, but also any trace of it in registry. Which is a good thing if you want entirely new driver installation, or replacing your current GPU.

I've used it several times with no problems but the usual security rules apply:
Download your chosen software, then run scans with your AV and anti malware to ensure the download is problem free before opening the downloaded package or running the installer.

Solution