Question Is DELL S2721D monitor good for work? I felt tiredness after one day with it.

pancake95

Commendable
Feb 6, 2020
Hello all, two days ago I bought DELL S2721D monitor for programming. I was adviced that it is a good monitor for work. In the site I looked at the monitor it was described as monitor with matte display. When I got the monitor and started using it I noticed it is more glossy than matte.
Will the glares be bad for my eyes? Is this monitor good for 8-10 hours of work(programming and looking at code) when having glossy display instead of matte one? If not can you advice me on better option around this price range(it can be lower or higher). I just want to be sure that my vision will be okay with this monitor.
I have 14 days trial period in which I can return the monitor and swap it for something else.
If somebody has this monitor and can share his/her thoughts of it I will be gratefull too. My eyes were little tired after one day of work with it(I don't know why this was, I was using Comfort Mode).
Thank you for the help!

D

Deleted member 362816

I have been using this monitor for around a year with no issues 8-10 hours a day. That being said I wear bluelight blocking glasses though.

D

Deleted member 362816

Do you use it for work? At morning when there is light I can see some glare forming up. The glare is my only concern with this monitor, everything else seems okay for me.

I use it in a dark room for work/play with only artificial light. I can't speak for how this monitor would be with glare.

Reactions: pancake95