Question Is "DIGGERS Isopropyl Alcohol" good for removing thermal paste from a CPU ?

bobbyboi

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
So I recently bought Diggers Isopropyl Alcohol from Bunnings Warehouse and the amount of Isopropanol in it is 100%. Is this completely fine to remove thermal paste from CPUs?

This is what it looks like!

6e1866b8-29b1-4f38-a275-53dd560a4ca0.jpg

bobbyboi

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
In my own case, I typically use a citrus oil base to remove the paste, and then isopropyl to clean that up afterward. According to the paste used (IMO) it can sometimes just be wiped off and then followed up with the alcohol.
In my own case, I typically use a citrus oil base to remove the paste, and then isopropyl to clean that up afterward. According to the paste used (IMO) it can sometimes just be wiped off and then followed up with the alcohol.
Aren't some solvents actually bad for your CPU's cooling? Especially fruit oils?? What I was going to do was get a microfibre cloth and scrub off the big chunks of thermal paste. I'd then use my alcohol spray and apply it to the other side of my cloth. After that, I'd start cleaning off all the left over thermal paste residue.