[SOLVED] Is the DragonFly Black compatible with my phone?

PetarV

Honorable
Jun 12, 2016
I have Huawei Honor 8 Lite (android) and Im not sure if its compatible with the DragonFly, I listen from spotify so I dont wanna use any other musicl players. I installed usb host check and the results were android.hardware.usb.host.xml is Ok, handheld_core_hardware.xml is Usb host not enabled and tablet_core_hardware.xml is Not found.

Solution
You will need something like this.

Make sure the cable supports OTG, since it adds and extra pin in the cable, compared to just a normal usb cable.

It wont be 100% sure that it will work, because it can still be a driver/compability issue between the 2 devices.

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
The phone support OTG, so in theory it should work. But it can be a bit of a gamble. You will need a USB cable that supports OTG as well. You could try going to a shop that sells the DragonFly and ask if it's possible to check.

Other then that there is a lot of other dac/amps that connect just trough the jack output.

PetarV

Honorable
Jun 12, 2016
The phone support OTG, so in theory it should work. But it can be a bit of a gamble. You will need a USB cable that supports OTG as well. You could try going to a shop that sells the DragonFly and ask if it's possible to check.

Other then that there is a lot of other dac/amps that connect just trough the jack output.
I need a normal usb(female) and a micro(male) cable right? These cost like 1$ and can be found in any tech store. If my phone does support otg isn't it 100% going to work with the dragonfly? Tanks for the help! :)

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
You will need something like this.

Make sure the cable supports OTG, since it adds and extra pin in the cable, compared to just a normal usb cable.

It wont be 100% sure that it will work, because it can still be a driver/compability issue between the 2 devices.

Solution